Thursday, April 12, 2012

Carbon Footprint Blog

Ways i can soften my ecological footprint

-walk more often/carpool or take the bus
- choosing energy efficient appliances
- lowering the thermostat during the winter
- unpluging appliances when i am not using them
- drying clothes outside instead of using the dryer
- defrosting my freezer when not needed
- using alternative resources (e.g.solar or wind power)
- purchase eat organic and in season foods.
- planting a personal garden containing herbs and veggies
- decrease my consumption of meat
- limiting my shower time and use more conservative shower heads
- using biodegradable cleaning products
- recycling my electronics and paper
- avoiding washing the my deck or walkways
- buying clothing and products made from recycled material

No comments:

Post a Comment